KCCA Cake & Wine Festival 2013
Reviving the Kerala tradition of Christmas cake, paired with California dessert wines
December 15th, 2013, Sunday at 11a.m.
ICC Banquet Hall (Malavalli)
How to Participate in Cake Baking Competition
- Register for the competition and pay the entry fee of $25 for the event. You can register as an individual or as a team.
- Tickets for 2 adults will be issued free to the each contestant/team. If the team or family has more than 2 adults, each person should buy tickets.
- To complete the registration, you need to submit the recipe of the cake that will enter the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done at least 24 hours before the competition.
- You will bring the baked cake to the competition for judging.
- You need to present the cake a whole to the judges before slicing it.
- We will provide small plates, spoons and napkins for serving.
- We will serve dessert wines to be paired with the cakes; but you will not have control over that.
- You can follow any recipe and can even experimental, but the preparation should be able to be classified as a "Fruit Cake". Any entry not conforming to the usual standards will be disqualified from competition but may be allowed to be served; judges will take final decisions on such matters and that will be final.
- The cake must yield at least 20 slices of regular serving size. The number of slices served will be a factor in determining the winning entries.
- 2 cakes will be selected by local food experts for cash awards. Also, the recipes of all the cakes will be posted on the Kerala Club website and be published in the next year's souvenir with pictures.
Pay Registration fee ($25)
- This is a private event and you need to RSVP to come in and participate in Cake & Wine tasting.
- Pay entry fee of $20 per person if you are tasting both cake and wine; $15 if you taste only cake. For this fee you will get lunch, & tea, and 3 tickets for the Cake tasting and 2 Wine Tasting tickets. Additional tasting tickets can be bought as bundle of 3 tickets for $5.
- Kids (12 years and younger) accompanied by paying adults (one kid per adult) eat lunch free. No cake, snacks, or apple cider will be served free, and tickets have to be used for those.
- You can taste as many as you want from as many competitors as possible. Tickets are not available at the venue as that is not allowed, so you need to purchase the tickets online if you need extra tickets. There will be about 20 different cakes and as many as wines to taste and plan to buy tickets accordingly.
- You need to be 21 years or older to taste wines. Everybody will be checked for the age, and you need to bring in your driver's license to be tagged. Even if eligible to drink, organizers have the right to restrict the number of tastings to tasters.
Buy cake and wine tasting ticket ($20):
Buy cake only tasting ticket ($15):
Buy additional tasting ticket bundles (3 tickets for $5):
There will be baby-sitting available at the venue for this event for FREE.
The parking at ICC is FREE.
Click to add text, images, and other content