Puttu Festival - Cookoff 2015
A day of family fun and entertainment at the beautiful Lake Cunningham Park
When : October 10th, Saturday, 2015 Time: 11AM ~ 2PM
Where : Lake Cunningham Park @Alder Leaf (North & South) Picnic Area
2305 South White Rd, San Jose, CA 95148
- Cook and/or taste variety of Puttu with array of accompaniments and stuffing!
- Kids play in the jumper and the vast outdoor field for free
- Lunch (Chicken/ Veg Biryani) , Snacks & tea
- Chukku Kappi ,Sambharam made on Spot for you as added Bonus!
- Socialize with your friends and family on a pleasant summer day at a great outdoor location close to your home
11:00 a.m. - Cookout starts
12 p.m. - 2 p.m. - Tasting
12:30p.m. - Lunch Starts
2 p.m. - Announcement of the most Popular Puttu
2:30 pm - Tea & Snacks
How to Participate in Cookout Competition
- Register for the competition . The number of participants are limited and the spots are filled out on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Puttu Making Contest :
- You need to plan to cook Puttu at the venue by taking no more than 30 minutes. Puttu has to be cooked at the venue as that is part of the event but you can bring the ingredients prepared to save time.
- You will bring all the raw material and utensils for cooking. We will provide gas burner ,Plates, spoons and napkins for serving.
- You can follow any recipe and can be experimental but the preparation should be able to be classified as "Puttu" within the Indian cuisine traditions.
- Most popular Puttu will be selected by max no of tasting tickets. Also, the recipes of the Puttu will be posted on the Kerala Club website with pictures.
- You need to submit the recipe at least a day prior to the event. E-Mail the recipe to email@example.com
(Only limited Spots available.)
How to Participate in the Tasting Event
- This is a private event and you need to RSVP to come in and participate in Puttu festival
- Entry fee $12/Person (Kids under 12 free).. For this fee you will get Lunch, Snack & Tea, and 3 tickets for Puttu tasting . Additional tasting tickets can be bought as bundle of 3 tickets for $3.
- Each tasting ticket is good for tasting a portion of the Puttu. You can taste as much as you want from as many competitors as possible.
Tickets are not available at the venue as that is not allowed, so you need to purchase the tickets online if you need extra tickets; you will get 2 tickets of each for the entry fee. There will be 20 + different Puttu to taste and plan to buy tickets accordingly.
Availability of Food
- Food, snacks and tea will be served and there is no additional fee other than the entry fee.
- If you need extra tasting tickets that need to be purchased beforehand; the tickets can be collected at the venue.
The tickets to events must be purchased in advance. Use the following links to buy those and secure your participation:
Entry fee $12/Person (Kids under 12 free)
Extra Tasting Tickets (Bundle of 3)
Click to add text, images, and other content